PPN North West provides regular updates and information about events of relevance to our membership. We will also keep you updated and communicate through Twitter, our blog and our regular newsletter.
If you have an event you would like to be publicised through the network we will be very happy to hear from you, please contact us.
Please log in to view members only events.
WEDNESDAY 21st SEPTEMBER 2022
Researched and produced in collaboration with Paul Scates Peer Specialist, Campaigner and Survivor of Sexual Abuse, this important and timely conference focuses on the important issue of sexual abuse and mental health and reducing the impact of abuse on mental health.
National updates, survivor perspectives, expert sessions and practical case studies will cover:
- The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and lockdown on sexual abuse and mental health
- Meeting the national commitment to ensure victims of sexual abuse receive a lifetime of effective mental health care
- Helping reduce the impact of abuse on later mental health problems
- Reflecting on the lived experience from a survivor perspective
- What does a gold standard sexual abuse pathway look like?
- Delivering a recovery focused approach for survivors
- Understand how to reduce the impact of abuse on later mental health problems
- Victim support, early mental health support, and the police role
- The role of Sexual Abuse Referral Centres in Mental Health
- Delivering therapeutic and practical support to adults who were abused as children and have turned to drugs, alcohol and other ways of self-harming as a consequence of that trauma
- Relieving the stress of families, carers and parents of children who have been affected by sexual abuse
- Delivering effective Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service for children, young people and their families who have been affected by sexual abuse
- Working with complex trauma and dissociative disorders
For further information and to book your place visit
Follow this conference on Twitter @HCUK_Clare #AbuseMH