PPN North West provides regular updates and information about events of relevance to our membership. We will also keep you updated and communicate through Twitter, our blog and our regular newsletter.
If you have an event you would like to be publicised through the network we will be very happy to hear from you, please contact us.
Please log in to view members only events.
THURSDAY 25th AUGUST 2022
We are pleased to announce the Nineth Annual Conference to focus on improving Mental Health Support for Asylum Seekers and Refugees.
This Conference will focus on the highly relevant and complex area of improving Mental Health Support for Asylum Seekers and Refugees.
Attending this conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve mental health support for refugees and asylum seekers
- Reflect on the lived experience of a refugee to this country
- Understand the national and international context, and how we can better support the mental health of refugees and asylum seekers from Ukraine
- Understand the vulnerabilities that lead to mental health issues in refugees and asylum seekers
- Examine how to set up holistic services that meet the mental health needs of refugees and asylum seekers
- Reflect on the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on refugees and asylum seekers, and how we can improve support during and beyond Covid-19
- Learn from the experiences of the Red Cross and Doctors of the World in delivering Multitiered and comprehensive MHPSS Systems & Psychological First Aid
- Improve your skills in working with asylum seekers and refugees who have experienced trauma
- Develop strategies for providing peer and community support
- Understand the role of specialist interventions such as trauma focused CBT
- Working with victims of human trafficking
- Improve practice in building resilience and improving care of unaccompanied young people seeking asylum
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Supports CPD professional development and acts as revalidation evidence. This course provides 5 Hrs training for CPD subject to peer group approval for revalidation purposes
For further information and to book your place visit
Follow the conference on Twitter @HCUK_Clare #RefugeeMentalHealth